Rochester International Film Festival
Type: Dedicated shortfilm festival
Location: Rochester, New York
Start Month: April
The Rochester International Film Festival, the world’s oldest continuously-held short film festival, has been produced each year since 1959 by Movies on a Shoestring, Inc. Each festival includes a wide variety of narrative films, documentaries, and animations submitted by independent filmmakers from all parts of the world.
Entries must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2016.
• Maximum length of entries is 30 minutes.
• Entries should be submitted on DVD (region 1 or region free) format for preliminary screening.
• $35 Entry fee if postmarked before December 1, 2015.
$50 if received between December 1, 2015 and February 1, 2016.
Entry fee can be paid by PayPal (see link below), or by US check/International money order (payable to Movies on a Shoestring Inc.).
• The festival is open to films and videos of all genres.
• Each entry must stand alone as a self-contained work. Episodes of a series, video components of a multimedia installation, or other fragments of larger works will not be accepted.
• Multiple entries on a single disc are not permitted.
• Each Official festival screening copy must be received 14 days before festival. If indicated format is not provided your entry may not be shown.
• Entries must be sent to us by traditional mail. UPS, FedEx, and other delivery services cannot deliver packages to P.O. Boxes.
• All possible care will be taken in the handling of your film; however, Movies on a Shoestring, Inc. cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to entries.
• For verification that your entry was received, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped postcard or request a confirmation e-mail.
Submission Deadline: February
Awards / Prizes: